Monday, May 2, 2011

Is Digital Media Bad for us?

In this final week of blog posts I answer the question: Is Digital Media Bad for us?

I feel like Digital Media is good and bad. Digital Media has opened up a new horizon for creativity and communication, but I do feel like we are beginning to rely on media way to much.

In Nicholas Carr's book In The Shallows Carr discusses how digital media is effecting our brains. I was lucky to read the whole book during my Critical Perspectives course and it was quite enlightening. Carr explains that our society's use of technology has effect our youth at large. Kids now can not even read a book they read on computers or use cliff notes and such to get a quick summary.

This new digital age we have everything at our disposal in a matter of seconds... we need to reflect back on the analog days and what it meant to write with pen and paper and listen to Cd's not Ipods.

I love technology don't get me wrong, the way choreographers are using the new explosion of digital media is great and excites me.


Well that's it! the last blog ( I think) thank you Bob King for the new world you have opened us all up to :)

No comments:

Post a Comment